How Can I Save Money on Motorcycle Insurance?
Motorcycle insurance in Texas is widely available. You may carry a minimum amount of liability coverage; however be advised, liability insurance only covers bodily injury and property damage that you may cause to other people involved in an accident. It does not cover you or your motorcycle.
Motorcycle Insurance Also Covers:
1. An additional option within your liability insurance is first-party medical coverage, in the event you want to be reimbursed for bodily injury expenses you incurred.
2. You may also be able to purchase coverage for medical bills received from an injured party.
3. And check whether your liability coverage also includes Guest Passenger Liability.
4. Collision (covering damage to your motorcycle).
5. Comprehensive (covering damage caused by events other than a collision, such as fire, theft or vandalism).
6. Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
7. Motorcycle accessories coverage for items such as add-ons, customizations, aftermarket parts and anything else you may have added to your bike.
Other factors can affect how much you will pay in motorcycle insurance premiums, including:
1. Driver’s age and driving record.
2. Where the driver lives.
3. Model, style (sports bike vs. cruiser) and age of the motorcycle.
4. Number of miles the motorcycle is driven each year.
5. Where the motorcycle is stored.
**When you comparison shop, inquire about discounts for:
1. Multi-bike discounts for those insuring more than one bike on a single policy.
2. Mature rider discounts for experienced riders.
3. Installation of anti-theft devices.
4. Discounts for graduates of training courses, such as the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) Rider Course. (Riders under the age of 25, usually considered at higher risk, and motorcyclists who have already had accidents stand to save the most).
** (The discounts listed above may not be available in all cases or from all insurance companies)
But don’t forget price is not everything. Discounts matter but proper coverage is more important.